Thursday, October 25, 2012

Celebrating with the storm

There is a storm today in my hometown. Even though the rest of the country is experiencing heavy rainfall and gusty winds, still, my thoughts seemed to occupy with the warmth this kind of weather bestowed in the four corners of our home and how it tightened our family's bond over the years. Don't get me wrong here, I would not wish any kind of disaster would fall on my hometown. I just couldn't pay no heed to the very obvious divine intervention flashed before my very eyes amidst every storm WE braved together as family.

Typhoon had always been one with us in the celebration of few occasions in our life. My ate Arra's debut, even Kaye's and Arian's  weren't spared ( the cakes as well! ). Even in my parents wedding anniversaries and my siblings' birthdays, typhoon has always been our constant companion. And it wasn't bad. Not at all. We have something to celebrate after all. 

During BER months, when the transition of habagat to amihan is at extremes and when most typhoons cross over from east to west, was the perfect time for us to build Christmas Tree. It wasn't the traditional one. Sometimes it was made of plastic straws or wraps of various colors tied together on small branches of tress my mother had found from the wreck of the storm. Often we would cover the small branches with crepe paper and glued in cotton balls at the tips, making it look like frozen snow.

How can I possibly loathe the existence of typhoon when it overflowed me with best memories of my childhood? How can I hate it especially today, when my thoughts are there at home with my loves, CELEBRATING MY FATHER'S BIRTHDAY ( ang tapal king ng bubong namin pag may bagyo).

Birthday Boy!
Happy Birthday Tatay, we will still be braving so much more storms. The heavens poured out bountiful blessings for you today, catch as many as you can! We Love you!

No comments:

♥UDD Rocks my world!♥