Monday, October 4, 2010

My Favorite Teacher

THEM : "Why did you take up Education when you don't even wanna teach?" 



ME : "Well, that was about the only decent thing when I was growing up for a girl to be.. and boy! who could resist the charm of their uniforms? . :D



Mine was not a call, just an obscure hunger that was waned and eventually evanesced by a clerical job my bored nerves clinched tight without animosity. The boredom can lead to constant flaring, btw. :))  yet still, teaching was not included in my job hunting list. :P


Looking back then, at 2 or 3pm during weekends, there at the mid part of the room in her upright most witty facade - my ate, a teacher wannabe - teaching us to read some English words. It was really her who greatly influenced me to take up the course. It was her dream, her call..  thats why after a couple of career switchings here and abroad, she finally stressed out the word " professional" in the card issued to her by the PRC.



I'm done and over with school days. Gone are the days when i skillfully write essays about How I Spent My Summer Vacation, My Pet Dog and the most paid of scrutiny and sarcasm,  My Favorite Teacher. I lied! Hahaha!



Last night.


ME : " Ate, you know who my favorite teacher is? "


ATE : ( with least attention on me ) " who? "


ME : " Ikaw. " ( sabay tawa ng napakalas )


ATE : "wee?!" ( major major tawa din )



Hindi lahat ng bagay natututunan sa school at hindi lahat ng teacher nasa school. Minsan kasama lang natin sila sa bahay. 



Glad I have one real teacher at home.
 


Happy Teacher's Day ate! 

No comments:

♥UDD Rocks my world!♥