Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Home sick

This was the text message Tatay sent me before his birthday. A text like this coming from either Tatay or Nanay never failed to make my spirit soar, bringing out the super-daughter in me.

The first time I took the initiative to flap my own wings I knew its gonna be a whole lot different from that point onwards. I knew the struggle will be tougher ... and Tatay and Nanay won't always be around to patch my bruises. I have to heal on my own, detonate my own bomb, tame my own fears, police my own rank. Yet still, when the world is too much a burden to bear, I flap back.

Some things never change.


" Para sa mga magulang hindi naman lumalaki ang mga anak. Maaaring nag iiba ng taas, ng timbang, ng pangangatawan pero hindi lumalaki sa puso ng magulang. "

Kaya hindi ako nagtataka na tuwing umuuwi kami, seemed like we go back to our magical childhood days.

I miss you so much Tay, Nay.




No comments:

♥UDD Rocks my world!♥