Sunday, March 14, 2010

Kung Ako Na Lang Sana - Bituin Escalante

I watched this late night show where Bituin Escalante was a guest singer and apparently she sang just before the show started.


" Heto ka na naman
Kumakatok sa aking pintuan,
Muling naghahanap ng makakausap..
At heto naman ako
Nakikinig sa mga kwento mong paulit-ulit lang..
Nagtitiis kahit nasasaktan. "


The song stirred something in me. Something I nursed for over a long period of time. Something I barely recalled these days and if I did, the recollection echoed like a voice in the wilderness vaguely murmured what was spoken of.


"Heto pa rin ako umaasang ang puso mo
Baka sakali pang ito'y magbago
Narito lang ako
Kasama mo buong buhay mo
Ang kulang na lang
Mahalin mo rin akong lubusan "


One thing I grasped being whisked off from my core was that, the happiness we get out of loving is dependent whether which it is reciprocated. If not, I call it rather a one way street sort of loving. One which I had even with him just within my reach.

" Kung ako na Lang sana ang 'yong minahal
Di ka na muling mag iisa,
Kung ako na Lang Sana ang 'yong minahal
Di ka na muling luluha pa.
Di ka na mangangailangan pang humanap ng iba.
Narito ang puso ko naghihintay lamang sayo.. "


What hurts the most back then was the sad fact that he needed someone else, not me. That however I tried to fit myself for his needs, it never filled his lacking. That whatever I wore, someone always got his head turned. That whoever I was with, never it bothered him I will be snatched out of his side. That whichever place he park, I will be right up popping in an instant.


It was another usual case of unrequited love. Whether it was me who didn't show much of what I really felt towards him back then, or him who was too much of a shy to spill out what he really meant with "u have a special place in my heart, Karen" , it doesn't matter now and probably won't matter anymore.


Just sometimes when the song floated in the air, He never failed to cross my mind and how he sobbed in that corner from the moment I sang the first verse down to the last words...

" Kung ako na Lang sana.. "

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

♥UDD Rocks my world!♥