Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Okay ka lang ba?

I hate when people ask, Ok ka lang ba?

A universal question that is either meant to comfort or just plain slip of the tongue.

Irritating actually when someone butt in the words in the middle of my whimper.

Part of my daily boring routine is commuting. I ride the jeepney most of the time and i prefer the seat next to the driver. Gives me the full view of the road ahead. Somehow relaxing as it dangles from cars to cars along edsa which trigger an excruciating thrill in my innercore. I always wanted to drive but chances never favor me and to sit near the steering wheel is more like driving the car myself. Teehee.

The other night on my way home, one bumpy ride that changed my connotation regarding the title, there was this guy who sat with me on that one sitter passenger side. I was about to make faces because I was like a crumpled paper between this guy and the driver when suddenly he turned to me and asked, " Pwede ba makiupo, jan lang naman ako sa Welcome?". Who can say NO?! I mean with those puppy dog eyes?! :)) I nod and give him the cold shoulder while weighing myself as the jeepney sways when overtaking some cars. Out of the blue he said, OK KA LANG BA? Sa isip isip ko, " duh, obvious ba? " but then there came the lines i never expect him to say; " Obviously hindi, pasensya ka na ha? and moved a little farther away. WOW. For most commuters they wouldn't really care at all if uneasy yung passenger na katabi nila given the fact na " PARE-PAREHO NAMAN TAYO NAGBABAYAD AH ". But this guy? w-O-w is all i can say.

He made me figured out that the sincerity of " Ok ka lang ba?" wasn't at the moment you spilled it but at the follow up words.

That'll make the difference.

Ikaw? Ok ka lang ba? :)) =))

No comments:

♥UDD Rocks my world!♥