Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Si kaye at ang LSS ko

” HE BROKE UP WITH ME ” , she blurted without hesitations. Then came few more words in equally huge font; ” HINDI NYA AKO MATANGGAP”.

I was about to stipulate a filament of comforting words to cheer her up yet they all got choked up in my throat. I don’t know but I suddenly embarked myself on a speck of eeriness not because this is so new to me ( heck, I have been dealing with issues like this since the last millennium! ) but because she is my sister. And mind you, elder sister. Let me elaborate this further. How can I possibly appear adamant and ms-i-know-everything (duh!) before my ate when the moment I started walking, she was out running with her friends already and the time that I was a beginner, all sweat inscribing the ABC on the pad, she was writing cursive in all its wonder?! All I ever sought to learn, she learned first. LOVE. HATRED. Simultaneously.

Few of her heartaches I’ve been a bystander, always geared up to placate or perhaps to mock if the situation allows mockery. However, I never fail to evoke in my conscious mind that she was HURT and the PAIN was real.. and yes, it was PAINFUL.

The conversation we had last week was one among the few yet decent talks we ever did in our entire existence. Plain and simple. As if my veins cringe tightly close along with a nostalgic apparition of a so dead past as she went on typing. The words momentarily clogged my air passage giving way to a subtle death. Dejavu? Whew!

From hurting to mending and eventually falling in love again and again and again, I was there watching and learning from her slip-ups. I was there chipping in with her so cheesy kiligs. I was there to poke fun at her when she blushes sheepishly like a kid as the teasing goes louder. I was there when the thrill and the pleasure of loving subsided before her very eyes. Just there always within her reach.

I know her way to mending will be tough but she will cope in the long run and with all optimism ( which am so not! ) cupid’s arrow wont miss a potential target this time around.

Nakiki-connive pa ang LSS ko.

“ It’s the lover not the love who broke your heart last night..It’s the lover not the dream that didn’t work out right..If you listen to your heart, ohh you know it’s true..It’s the lover not the love who deserted you …“


No comments:

♥UDD Rocks my world!♥