Wednesday, February 3, 2010

r a i n d r o p s

Spending hours outside just trying to regroup all of the thoughts that were there before. I found out how many I had sacrificed. We forget things. We forget feelings. We forget memories. Until someone or something comes along and reminds us. Everytime it would rain, no matter what I was doing, or who I was with…I ran. I ran outside and sacrificed myself to every drop. I didn’t realize how long it had been until that day. That day months later, when I ran outside. I was playing dress up, nearly 18 yrs. old, and wanted to be the leaf, the sponge, the blade of grass, the flower, the landing pad for every drop of rain the clouds were willing to part with. I miss those days. I’ve missed so many of those raindrops in the past few months.

If only we could make the time to look for a four leaf clover, turn over a rock to see what’s under it or just lay back on a warm day and look for shapes in the clouds….. but to be a child again and face those teenaged years?. errr…

Then again perhaps the raindrops that I so eloquently speak of are fleeting glimpses of the heaven that is to come, (after we are very old) when we become like children again.

I guess until then we should make the time, watch for rain, and be ready to run outside. Until then…

No comments:

♥UDD Rocks my world!♥